1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

saving adobe file as photoshop pdf ?

if i save the file as a photoshop pdf ... it asks how i want this saved...and these are chosen already: jpeg 10 maximum
    will i lose any quality if i save it as such? (this is for printing) i took my pictures with my digital slr set as large quality tiff and saved as so in photoshop itself...so i want to know if i will lose any quality for printing...i need the pictures as clear as possible...thanks ahead..
  3. Contributing User

JPG is not the best quality to save pictures as. If you want a better quality file, save as tiff or leave it as psd. To save as a PSD, just go to File -> Save. Give the file a name and Save.

It shouldn't ask you anything about jpeg's.

You should just be able to click Save and have it save

I don't know why you got that msg.

As for printing, your camera should have saved it as 300 dpi and unless its higher that should be good enough. If you want to save ink (the images will not come out as well) you could change the dpi do 72...but that's for monitors not print.

- Infinityws.com - Providing Reliable Web Hosting Solutions Since 2000
    - Web Hosting - Reseller Accounts - E-Commerce Packages
    - Free ClientExec License With ALL Reseller Accounts

A Satisfied Customer
  5. No Profile Picture

well i get that screen your talking about and i also just press save...but when i try to save it as "pdf" so i can view it in adobe acrobat it ask's me to save it in jpeg....but i dont think i will be using that saving method...i think i will jus create my page and then i will have to organize it on ms publisher...BTW anybody familar with publisher ??? yea ... because they only want one file to print they dont want a bunch of adobe files they want me to organize it on publisher pagemaker quark ... but i only have publisher .. so thats what i will use ... publisher is a little confusing as well ...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo