1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I get this soft light effect on my photos?

What is this effect called? I'd like to do some research into it so I can master the technique but I don't know where to start looking.

I have a few examples but due to being a new user I am unable to post links so I'd like to point you guys to this thread I've created on another forum: forums.adobe.com/thread/1310411
    It has all the necessary example pics.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by xecured
    What is this effect called? I'd like to do some research into it so I can master the technique but I don't know where to start looking.

I have a few examples but due to being a new user I am unable to post links so I'd like to point you guys to this thread I've created on another forum: forums.adobe.com/thread/1310411
    It has all the necessary example pics.
    Effect which has applied to images are called as vintage image effect. Here I am going to share one resource http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/vintage-aging-photo-effects-photoshop-tutorials/ that will help to design vintage effect for the image by step by step tutorial.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A quick way would be a new layer filled with white and lower opacity slightly then convert to screen mode.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo