1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Splitting An Image Into Layers

Hi, i have been using photoshop for almost 8+ years now and i am surprised that this is the first time that i have needed to this...

I have an image 600px wide X 800px high that i need to split into 200 pieces, so effectivly i need to split the image up into 200 layers...

The reason i need to do this is i need to bring each of the 200 layers into a Flash animation so that i can create a jigsaw...

How can i do this so that i can easily cut the image into even sections and onto different layers... i am surprised i've never had to actually do this before, thanks in advance for your help...
  3. No Profile Picture

If i had to do this and did not what to spend alot of time I would set up a grid system for the even spacing. then use the slice tool to cut it up. i know there is a short cut shift+backspace i think not 100% witch makes a copy of what u selected and puts its on its own layer. hope that helps.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Cool, thanks...
  7. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

i will give it a try

Originally Posted by dev007
    If i had to do this and did not what to spend alot of time I would set up a grid system for the even spacing. then use the slice tool to cut it up. i know there is a short cut shift+backspace i think not 100% witch makes a copy of what u selected and puts its on its own layer. hope that helps.
    I'll try and do let u know how to split it into layers.. hope so that ALT + backspace also work..

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo