April 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM
I am doing a project for school on an oldies band. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make text into a rainbow color. I want the transition to be gradual from the start of the word to the end if this is even a possible option. Any ideas would be great. Thanks.
April 27th, 2013, 03:09 AM
If you're doing this using Adobe Photoshop, it shouldn't be a difficult task. Just follow the following steps:
1. Select the layer panel (F7)
2. Select your text layer
3. Double click on it to open the blending options of the layer. If the blending options window does not appear, right click on the layer and choose "blending options" from the drop down list.
4. Select gradient. and set your gradients according to your preffered colours. Photoshop DOES have a predefined rainbow colour gradient in it.
April 29th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks Shelly, I will try that and see how it goes.
Im new here not sure if i can post links? So not going to try..
Head over to google and search for 'rainbow gradients photoshop' You will find a huge selection which you can download free and should fit perfectly for your requirements.
September 30th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Target the text layer, click ctrl+d, use the brush to paint in your colors inside the text as you wish.. that should be good.
October 1st, 2013, 01:20 AM
I think it may help you.
1) Open a New Blank File
2) Create a New Blank Layer, and type you text
3) Above you Text Layer, create a second New Blank Layer
4) On the new Layer, select the Gradient Tool, select the Rainbow Gradient Pattern, and drag/drop the start/end of the Rainbow Gradient.
5) On the Gradient Layer, Press Ctrl+G, this will make the Rainbow Gradient appear inside the Text Layer below.