1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Make text look the same as in a picture

Hi, I would like to know how to edit text in pictures using the font that is already in the picture.
    Example: How could I change the text in this picture to something else, but keep the font and style the same?
    gamingheaven.com/gamingreviewimages/goldeneye-wii/goldeneye-wii.jpg
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If the image is a jpg image like the one you posted then you can't. You cannot do this for most simple image formats like jpg, png and gif.

Some more advanced image formats will allow you to edit the text in the image assuming the text was saved as a special layer. If you want to keep the font and style the same you usually need to have the font installed on your computer already. Fonts are almost never embedded inside images, and most image formats don't support embedding fonts.

Comments on this post

• Lemonsss agrees
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture

Is there a way to find out the name of the font used in an image?
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by Lemonsss
    Is there a way to find out the name of the font used in an image?

personally I just compare the fonts in an image to the fonts in my program...but the text in the link you posted is very similar to EngraversMT (with some enhancements..placing certain letters of the words at different levels)
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    If the image is a jpg image like the one you posted then you can't. You cannot do this for most simple image formats like jpg, png and gif.

Some more advanced image formats will allow you to edit the text in the image assuming the text was saved as a special layer. If you want to keep the font and style the same you usually need to have the font installed on your computer already. Fonts are almost never embedded inside images, and most image formats don't support embedding fonts.

Try some online photoshop tutorials

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo