1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

A (Tough) TEXTURED Brushes Problem!

Evening!

I occasionally use photoshop for painting, which it is an unbeatable tool for. To enhance my brushwork, I use a varied selection of textured custom brushes. Or used to.

Since the past few weeks (err... months?) my brushes havent worked quite as they used to, though. As opposite to the flowing textured brushwork used by many, my Photoshop (CS5) paints the texture in squares rather than "blending" the texture within the brushmark.

As this is quite hard to explain, here's a photo: (apparently no photo, due to forum rules. I'll post it in the second post, if possible.)

All the brushes are basic photoshop brushes, black and white, with various textures and texture scales. Shown textures are either downloaded or self-made.

I've used all the googling expirience and knowledge I've ever gained to tackle this problem, but no keywords have got me even close to the answers or even similar problems.

This is most likely something obvious, a setting I've missed, a crucial step I've missed in the various textured brushes tutorials I've waded through.

All the help possible would be most highly appreciated!
  3. No Profile Picture

Yikes, can't seem link the picture. It's a tinypic image, crucial to demostrate, direct link to the image, so I can't see doing any harm if I cheat the link in.

oi45-tinypic-com/zx90km.jpg (replace " - " with " . ")

This post can be deleted if I'm doing sin.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

top of my head, 2 possibilities :
    - could be he spacing value on the brushes ~ if the brushes are set to >100% you'll get a spaced out effect.
    - the textures might just be badly made : if you create a texture but select it (when you're defining it to store as a new texture etc) w/ space around the edge of the texture, you'll get that border effect every time the brush tries to apply the texture.

you could try applying the texture on a Pattern Fill layer, see what it comes out like, that should show up if it's a border problem.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo