1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transparant in Photoshop, but not in Dreamweaver. Help!!!

Ok, so I've got a bunch of slices that I'm working with. The problems is that the slices on the border of my main page outline the edges of the content with white!

Essentially, I've got two long slices, top to bottom of the page, running along the sides of my webpage content. Those two slices are supposed to have transparent backgrounds, and it looks like they do in Photoshop because they have the gray/white checkerboard behind them.

So I saved it to .php format and brought it to Dreamweaver. Well, when I change the background in Dreamwaver from white to black, I see that where it is supposed to be transparant, it's white instead! How do I get Dreamweaver to keep the transparancy of those slices? And now when I've put it up on the web, the areas that are transparant in PS, and white in Dreamweaver, are a sort of blue-ish gray...

Here's a link to the website: www.noahneiman.com

I actually want to keep it this blue-ish gray color as I think it goes well, but I still would like to know why it's three different colors in three dirrerent programs (transp. in PS, white in Dreamweaver, and blue/gray in Internet Explorer).

Thanks a lot!
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

nevermind... got it work just fine
  5. Happy Monkey
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Please post your solution so that if others have the same problem, they too can fix it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, I didn't exactly solve the problem, but just realized that dreamweaver does not display some things that are actually coded for and will be shown in a browser.

So I just took a sample of the color I wanted the background to be, opened that sample in fireworks to find out what the web-color hex number was and set that as the background.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo