1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

transparency+shadow+pattern

Hi,

I'm having a tough time getting a shadow border to lay seamlessly on a tiled background. While it looks fine in photoshop, it doesn't on a web page 'cause the border looks all jacked up. I can make it work no prob with a solid background, just not one that uses a pattern.

Here's the design: http://ggroup.ungratefulgrandchild.c...aceToShow2.jpg

Some say the background is too busy, which is fine, I just wanna be able to make it work. Once I get it locked, I will try different, more subtle patterns.

Thanks for any help.
  3. Contributing User

If I understand corrrectly, the main section of the site that contains your content is a separate piece from the background, and you layer those two in html which causes the matte that had to be made in photoshop for your drop shadow, to look bad.
    Yeah I hate this problem too.

Is this background tiled? If not, you could put the drop shadow effect on your background, and just layer your main site page over that, without a drop shadow of it's own (because the shadow would be part of the background).

But if the background is tiled, or would end up be; I would suggest you experiment with .pngs. I don't know a whole lot about them, but they have better transparency options.

hth,
    animgirl
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally posted by animgirl

But if the background is tiled, or would end up be; I would suggest you experiment with .pngs. I don't know a whole lot about them, but they have better transparency options.
    animgirl
    Yep, the background will be tiled (in the web page). And yeah, I've heard pings can do this actually, I'm just not familiar with them either...yet

Ahhh, I just might add a pattern later as I really want to get this site up now.

Thanks for your help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo