1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Transparent Text on Adobe Photoshop 7?

Is there a way I can do that? So the background is visible through the text?.. but so people can still read the text?
  3. Contributing User

Perhaps you can explain your problem a little more? What are you trying to do?

If you mean that you want to use a GIF on your website and that the text should be transparent, you just indicate the color of your text to be transparent. Easy enough.

Or do you mean the layer-transparency in PS itself? But what backgroud are you talking about then? I reckon that you would want to make a text layer, make a invert selection, fill the selection up with a color. Invert the selection again so that (again) only the text is selected. Delete the text.

Or did I misunderstand your question?
  5. No Profile Picture

Well, I searched google, and I found what I was looking for, but it had absolutley no tutorial on it or hwo to tell anyone how to do it. Here is a link to what I want. http://www.boomspeed.com/vunreality/tommy.jpg

See the text that says 'Tommy Dreamer'? Thats exactly what im looking for.. so the text is still visible, and so that you can also view the background, threw the text. Is there a way I can do this?
  7. Contributing User

Well, first of all, this isn't really transparent at all. The jeans of this guy isn't shown behind the letters. I think (but I'm don't know everything) these letters are just filled with a patern instead of a full color.

Do you know how to fill somthing up with a pattern? First you make a pattern (look this up in the help. is quite easy). Then type your text, right click on the layer, choose blending option and then Pattern Overlay. Easy enough.

Oh, by the way. There is also some shadow behind the letters. You'll also find this in the blending option under Drop Shadow.
  9. No Profile Picture

Oh, okay. thanks a lot for your help!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo