1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Uncropping a cropped image?

Hi. I'm relatively new to photoshop and am using Photoshop Elements 2.0. I have a picture that I cropped in elements and saved it as a .jpg file and deleted the .psd file. I realized that I cropped too much and I was wondering if there is a way to "uncrop" a picture. This is a .jpg file too, so photoshop doesn't remember anything that I did the the picture (like shading, cropping, etc.), so I can't uncrop through the history. When I go to File, Browse and browse the picture, it will show the full, uncropped picture in the thumbnail, so I'm guessing there is a way to do this. Anybody know how? Thanks

Edit: I know this is stupid, but I deleted the backup picture as well
  3. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

You, my friend, are completely out of luck. Once you crop an image and save and close it, the part you cropped has been hauled off to the dump and incinerated. I suggest keeping better backups.

If the thumbnail shows the full image, that means it hasn't been updated.
  5. No Profile Picture

Ahh bummer
    Thanks for the reply
  7. No Profile Picture

Actually, you can uncrop an image (not sure how) but the data you crop out is sometimes still saved, and there have been instances (such as the Katt Schwartz incident *) where things have been uncropped that weren't intended to be

*Katt Schwartz (a tech TV personality) posted a picture of herself from the neck up, and someone uncropped it and got a nude photo of her, and needless to say, the photo became very popular

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo