1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Making Web Templates?

I have created an 800 x 600 design for a webpage with a menu and some graphics. I have sliced the links in Image Ready and tried to save it as an HTML document. Is this how to create a web template? When I try to bring it into GoLive it doesn't seem to work right. It won't line up correctly, or I can place text anywhere, etc...

Could someone help me out and maybe get me going as to how to create a web page using Adobe Photoshop? I know the design I want to use, but I do not know how to make that design into a webpage template. Thanks!
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

take it into image ready..

slice and add links and rollovers or whatever you want to do and then...

File>Save Optimized As HTML...

That will put all the lil slices into an images folder and html page will be where ever you save it..

when you do this it typically sets up an underlying structure of a table that is very complex as it is computer generated via Image Ready with all the table cells perfectly sized and looking the way you want it to.

you can set the imges as background images with CSS so that you can type stuf into the cells...

as for the template bit with Go Live...I m not sure i understand

i dont have go live... i use dreamweaver but it may be similar...

in dreamweaver you just take the html page and place "Editable Regions" where ever you want the content owner to have access to and then save as a template...when you go into File>New...>Template the page is locked off entirely except for those editable regions that you set up. this allows you to create a good looking page once and only once so that it doesnt get accidentally ruined

again...thats how its done in Dreamweaver...perhaps go live is at all similar...?

anyway good lucky and ROCK ON!!
    "I hate quotations."
    -ralph waldo emerson-

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo