1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

psp7, weblayout slicing problem,

Hello friends happy christmas to everyone,

well i m having some problems with psp7 and sliceing a layout, created by me,

the content are of the page is 450 x 180 pixel.
    when i slice this design into to a website, and add some logner content than 180 pixels long, the layout getts into an other look, not like i need it,

i know the problem is in slicing, anyone outthere please download that attched zip file it contains psp and png format layouts.

please download it and slice it, so that i can add a dynamic content into it. some times longer than 180 pixel sometimes shorter,

i also tried changin the height="100%", and setting the image as a background image of the table, all images at the page,
    nothing helped me, i spen do much time, in this stuff, still not workin,
    please anyone do this help for me,,,
    many thanks in advance
    -stagy
    hmm...
  3. Contributing User

the zip file is here,

hey i just had a problem with devshed forum,
    i wanted attach the zip file in the same thread message,
    when i tried to browse my file to attache and clicked on the file, the forum took me to the ebay sign-in page!!!!

whats wrong?
    hope this will work,,,,,
    please download the file,
    hmm...
  5. Contributing User

hmmm. i see no file.

anyway it may be that you are modifying the slice job that it did for you. you really cant mess with the html structure too much after you slice it and expect it too look the same...

i would keep all the settings the same...
    but set the style for the cell that you want the text to be in to have scrollbars via the overflow property

this will keep the structure the same nad if it is larger then the set size it will give you scrollbars

hope this helps!!

good lucky and Rock on!!
    "I hate quotations."
    -ralph waldo emerson-
  7. No Profile Picture

If you add text to a table which won't quite fit your design you have a couple of options:

1) Create an iframe 450x180 pixels wide, slap that in the table and create another html file to link to it. If the text exceeds the length of the table you'll get scrollbars, rather than the table going out of whack, and screwing up your slice job.

2) If your design is hugging the left side of the page (or is located on your page with a pixel number rather than a percentage), you can put a layer overtop of the table, making sure to set the overflow to auto, so that if the text gets too long you'll get a scroll bar....layers are positioned with an XY format in pixels...if your format is centered the pixel position would vary on different resolutions...granted you can fix this with javascript but its a hassle.

Hard to really offer any more advice given I can't see your project.

-Zan
  9. Contributing User

hm
    thanks for reply, i know abou using iframe i dont want, there many many many sites, using easy sliceing method, and get their as and endless content website, you add so many as you like,

thanks for reply, waiting for answers, if you have any links about this stuff share it with me please
  11. Contributing User

let try attaching the file again,
    hope works!!!
    hmm...
  13. Contributing User

hm didnt work,
    let me upload the file to geocities and post the link here,
    stagy

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo