1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Won't stop creating new layers when pasting...

'Ello everyone. I'm an amature graphic maker, kinda new to photoshop, and I was wondering what I did to make this do what it's doing...

Everytime I open a new file, and try to paste something onto it from another file, it creates a new layer. It didn't do this before, and I'm not sure how to stop it...It's quite annoying Hehe. Anyone know how I can prevent it from automatically creating new layers everytime I paste something?
  3. Contributing User

actually i think it always does that...

unless you copy the image first and then open a new window...it will automatically set the size to that of whatever is on the clipboard..

sorry this prolly wasnt what you were looking for..

good lucky and rock on!!
    "I hate quotations."
    -ralph waldo emerson-
  5. No Profile Picture

Nope nope, I swear it didn't do that before.

It does do that other thing, though...But, that's not a problem ^^;; Hehe.

Gah, anyone know what the problem is?
  7. No Profile Picture

Actually as far as I'm aware for the past few versions at least pasting something will always create a new later. I would consider it rather a handy feature rather than a problem...and unfortunately I can't really help you with fixing that.

All I can really suggest is start getting used to using ctrl+e (merge down)...its a simple move of the finger if you're using ctrl+v to paste anyway. All I can really suggest. If you do it quick enough I'm sure you can create the illusion of pasting it into the same layer

-Zan
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I bet your image was a gif image. Because if its a gif image, it will not create new layers, unless you swap it back to a RGB Color version.

Please do learn how to work with layers since it is a magnificent tool. If you do something on a layer you do not like, you can always delete that layer or work with it till it meets your idea. You do not have that ability in a gif mode of course. Consider it.

Also remember that you can always Merge down, merge visible or flatten image at any given rasterized time.

Hastalapasta :-)

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo