1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Photoshop paint bucket tool painting in the wrong colours

Hi!

I'm encountering a wierd problem with Photoshop 5.5 with the colours. When I try to use the paint tool I am clicking on the colour icon on the bottom left side of the screen, selecting the colour I want to use in the window that pops up (lets say, lime green) and it is updating the colour icon. But when I use the paint bucket and click on something in my document to colour it in (say the background), the colour that it fills in is a dull/ muted version of the colour that I selected (so the lime green would look khaki coloured). So even though there is a bright lime green showing in the colour icon it is colouring in the wrong colour. The same is happening when selecting colour for text.

I have looked at a few things that might have been causing the colour to look different on the document, like the opacity, but that was on 100%, I also checked the colour channels. The layer I am painting is not hidden under any darker layer (which could also make it look darker).

Any ideas???

Please help!!
  3. Chihuahua Whisperer

good way to test is to make a new layer... on top of all other layers, make a shape or whaever... then use the paint bucket tool to fill it.
    IF the color is what you are wanting... then its NOT the paint bucket tool.
    Then.... drag that layer down by one... look at color... still same? good!
    then do that through all the layers till you see which one is the culprit.
    Maybe the background itself has a parameter that changes the hue/contrast.

Good luck!
    I didn't get it wrong, I just found 10,000 ways it doesn't work.

LCDC
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by LucyMacleod
    Hi!

I'm encountering a wierd problem with Photoshop 5.5 with the colours. When I try to use the paint tool I am clicking on the colour icon on the bottom left side of the screen, selecting the colour I want to use in the window that pops up (lets say, lime green) and it is updating the colour icon. But when I use the paint bucket and click on something in my document to colour it in (say the background), the colour that it fills in is a dull/ muted version of the colour that I selected (so the lime green would look khaki coloured). So even though there is a bright lime green showing in the colour icon it is colouring in the wrong colour. The same is happening when selecting colour for text.

I have looked at a few things that might have been causing the colour to look different on the document, like the opacity, but that was on 100%, I also checked the colour channels. The layer I am painting is not hidden under any darker layer (which could also make it look darker).

Any ideas???

Please help!!
    Is your blend mode set at "Normal"? If it's set at anything else pretty much like Linear Burn/Pin Light/etc. and you have a layer underneath that is a different color, it will show up a different shade. Also, make sure you are in RGB mode because Web Safe and other modes will automatically adjust to their limited palette and that could be changing the color. Hope this helps!
  7. No Profile Picture

I know this is old but i was having the same problem and it was my blend mode as someone pointed out.

So cheers for that. Mine was set to colour instead of Normal so was screwing me up. Have been trying to figure this out for a weeks now! Was beginning to p*** me off big time!
    So thanks again!
  9. No Profile Picture

Im Having The Same Problem!

Ok randomly 1 day my colors did the same thing. Nothing is as bright as it used to be i've checked all the usual places opacity hues contrasts checked layers nothing working....wtf! HELP!

-CW
  11. No Profile Picture

You guys need to change your Image Mode to RGB color. Most likely, it's on CMYK Color.

to do this, go to Image > Mode > Check, "RGB Color"
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I think you need to change your Image Mode to RGB color. Most likely, it's on CMYK Color.

to do this, go to Image > Mode > Check, "RGB Color"

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo