Thread: Giff animation

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile .gif animation

For my business I'm creating an advertising banner for my local news channels website. I'm creating a giff animation that has 4 layers. I know how to save the file. My problem is when I email the file to this company when they open it, it not an animation. Its just a plain picture. I control + click the file on my desktop and open with firefox, animation works. How can i send the file through email and have it work so they can put it on their website for me? I saw a tutorial that said to import>video frames to layers, when do that I cant select anything. Im trying to avoid paying their developers a ton of money.

Sorry for the total noob questions. Im only used to using photoshop for photo editing
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

if the gif's working fine, they might not see it animate if they're not using the right program to view it. their machines might be defaulted to open gifs in, eg, Paint. check they're using a browser or similar thing that can handle animated gifs.
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by KillerWolf
    if the gif's working fine, they might not see it animate if they're not using the right program to view it. their machines might be defaulted to open gifs in, eg, Paint. check they're using a browser or similar thing that can handle animated gifs.

I told him to open in firefox. Haven't heard back. I do have another question.

my file needs to be 20kb and right now im at 23kb. What can i do to bring it down with out skimping on quality. Like the some of the leader board ads you see on the top of this page. I know im not as good as them but mine Look like stick figures compared to their drawings. so to speak.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by nightshutter
    I told him to open in firefox. Haven't heard back. I do have another question.

my file needs to be 20kb and right now im at 23kb. What can i do to bring it down with out skimping on quality. Like the some of the leader board ads you see on the top of this page. I know im not as good as them but mine Look like stick figures compared to their drawings. so to speak.
    I use PS for some of my resizing, but Stoik Smart Resizer for downsizing certain project images. u can just type 'Stoik' in your browser.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

the problem is not with you, gif image is some time not animate on microsoft photo viewer or some other like that. so you recommand your client to view in different photo viewer.
    and the next one, use the below link to compress your gif without loss:
    http://tools.dynamicdrive.com/imageoptimizer/

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo