1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Printing PDF's in Order

I have a problem and was wondering if someone with more knowledge than me on the subjetc could help out.

I have a folder with many PDF's (over 200) that have to be printed farily often in order. The PDF's are named so that when viewed in a folder, they are already in ascending order. The problem I have is that when I select all and select print, the PDF's do not print out in order. Some of the bigger sized PDF's (over 2 megs) do not fully print out as well using this technique.

I created a cmd line script that opens each PDF and prints them and then closes the document.

@ ECHO OFF
    PUSHD %~dp0

FOR %%i in (*.pdf) DO (ECHO Printing %%i...) && ("C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe" /p /h "%%i")

POPD

But the problem with this is that Adobe stays open even after each single PDF prints so I have to close Adobe before the next one prints.

I was wondering if someone knows of any solution. I hope this isn't too complicated.
  3. Digitally Challenged

try this in your loop to exit the program each time

KILL MyProgram.EXE

let me know if it works
    My brain cells are like a storm trooper's armor: useless
  5. No Profile Picture

the kill command did not work as I had hoped. Thanks for the advice though, I appreciate it

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo