1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Images being resized by Photoshop?

Hi Guys,

I've been using Windows 7 snipping tool to take a pic of my website, I'm then pasting the image into a new layer of my canvas in Photoshop cs6. In the browser it says the image width is 600pixels but in Photoshop it grows to 720-ish pixels... can someone explain what is happening with this?

I'm measuring the browser width by using MeasureIT and Web Developer 1.2.2 addons for Firefox...
  3. No Profile Picture

Do you mean you are taking a single picture from your website, or taking a picture of your website as a whole.

If you are talking about the first case it might be that the picture itself is actually the ~720px but its drawn around 600px on your website and that is the width the tool measures.

It's hard to say what is going on without seeing the picture with my own eyes. But it sounds like there is nothing to worry about?
  5. No Profile Picture

From what I've read, the original image size is 600 px but the size it is being viewed at on the screen is 720, and therefore the snipping tool is taking a picture 720px in width

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo