1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with slicing awkward shape in Photoshop

Hi guys,

I'm new to web design and am trying to slice an awkward shape in Photoshop.

I guess the aim is that when a user hovers over one of the shapes, the size will increase slightly, given emphasis.

I'll be using Dreamweaver after I've finished the designs in Photoshop - just in case that informs any answers.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ryan
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You can only slicing the image in rectangular or square shape within or without background because slicing tool doesn’t has circular edges. But if image is saved in the format of GIF, you can slice irregular image without background in rectangular or square shape because GIF format supports transparency.

This online tutorial http://layersmagazine.com/taking-image-slicing-from-photoshop-to-dreamweaver.html will help beginners how to slice image in Photoshop.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes. it is not possible to slicing some of shapes in Photoshop. Here i have shared a link where you can get complete details about how to slice complected shapes.
    http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/site-builds/from-psd-to-html-building-a-set-of-website-designs-step-by-step/
    Freelance to India - A creative Web Design Company
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

When you define a rectangular area in an image as a slice, Photoshop creates an HTML table to contain and align the slice. Once you create slices, you can turn them into buttons, and then program those buttons to make the web page work.Any new slice you create within an image (a user slice) automatically creates other slices (auto slices) that cover the entire area of the image outside the user slice.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo