1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Unhappy Too much pink tones in skin color! HELP!

When I make adjustments to a photo in photoshop and it looks great on my screen, (monitor was calibrated) and skin tones look correct.
    i then go to Print with Preview.
    Then I click on "Color Management."
    My source space is "document",
    then I click on "Same as Source", then go to "print".
    I am printing on an Epson 2200. On the printer set up, i click on Glossy paper, and then click ICM. I always get too much pink in the skin tones. I have tried to set it to "no color adjustments" also.
    my color settings in Adobe Photoshop are Adobe RGB 1998 for settings and working space is Adobe RGB 1998. Color managment polices are all set to "off".

Any suggestions on how to get the print to not print so much of a pink tone? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. EPSON IS MAKING A FORTUNE OFF MY WASTE OF GLOSSY PAPER!
  3. learning to fly

Turn your color management on, if you want to have any effect from your profiles and color spaces.

If you can get your hands on it, I highly recommend the Classroom In a Book for Photoshop 7, from Adobe. It has quite a good section on color management, including integrating CM into your workflow, and its interrelationships with other Adobe programs.
    Last edited by steve1959; November 3rd, 2003 at 12:09 AM.
  5. No Profile Picture

Beth,
    If the photo looks correct on the screen and when you print it looks too pink that might be how many colors you are printing with. If your printer is four colors(cmyk:Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) Then the Magenta will cause skin tones to be too pink. You need 6 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta) The Light Magenta is used to get a closer reproduction of skin tone. The Light Cyan is for closer green colors(Which still won't be perfect). -Workingman
  7. learning to fly

The 2200 is a 7 color printer using Epson's UltraChrome inks. It's an excellent photo printer.

Beth, you're getting into something that many of us have before you: "How do I make my print come out like my monitor?"

If you plan on never sending a photo file to someone else, you can make you MONITOR look like the PRINT. Print your picture and play with your color settings.

Obviously, that's not a good way to get the result you want. Like it or not, if getting the print to match the monitor as closely as possible is your objective, then you're going to have to look into learning how to color-manage your equipment. There are varying degrees of this; you can spend anywhere from nothing to many thousands of dollars on test targets, profiling software, etc.

Luckily, the 2200 is such a popular printer that there are free profiles to be had for just about any paper you'd want to use. Do a google on 'color management' and you'll find tons of information to help guide you.

Good luck!

~steve
  9. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

Make an adjustment layer of Hue & Saturation or Variations, and correct for the pink in the opposite direction: put a little less pink into the image.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo