1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lines of separation in a graphic

I made a graphic using ps6 from 4 different pics but obviously one can tell that it was made that way because the lines of separation in that picture are visible. How can I eliminate these lines to make it uniform? P'se fellas help? You can see the pic at this URL www.geocities.com/fineservices/test Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Here's one way...

1. Double click on desired layer. This should load a marquee around the image.
    2. Feather (oh, around 10 pixels)
    3. Ctrl + shift + I (Invert)
    4. Delete

Basically, this will add transparency to your edges so it will be seamless.

Another, and generally a better alternative, is:

1. Set your Foreground and Background colors to Black and White, respectively.
    2. Apply a mask to the desired layer.
    3. Select gradient tool and then click on Foreground to Background.
    4. Drag from the edge of the image in a bit with the Gradient Tool. This should create a nice edge transparency. Essentially, black, when used in conjunction with the mask, will make the desired part transparent. Since you're using the gradient tool to make it a smooth transition, your transparency will be smooth, not abrupt.

In the link below, I dragged the gradient from the right edge of the car photo to about the middle (or somewhere around there). Notice the seamless edge?

http://www.ungratefulgrandchild.com/RimJob.jpg

Good luck.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can you do it after, you hvae flattened the layers or it has to while yo're working. I tried all those they seem not to respond. It is a tricky thing.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Appreciation will get you further in this game...
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Sorry, I failed wiht the directions you gave me. I am pretty new at this and I guess I have trouble finding the right tools for this jobs. You have no clue how much I am trying and how much time I am trying to put in. I do want to get so far but I get stuck and discouraged sometime- like now. I looked at your site and other work, they look great (graphics, designs, etc). Lastly, how do I really decide if it JPEG or GIF (this one of the confusing things in this game)? Thanks for your help and inspiration.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's all good man, I'm just big on appreciation. Thanks for the design compliments btw.

Okay, since you have the images merged, what you want to do is take the marque tool (click the square in the top left corner of your toolbar) and draw a square around the first image you'd like to blend. Then you want to CTRL + C (copy) that photo and paste it. By pasting it, you're putting it on another layer. Okay, once you got that down, do it to the rest of the photos and put them all on their own individual layer. Now, they're all separated, obviously, so now you want to apply the aforementioned fading/blending techniques to each layer/photo.

An important note here is that you won't see the fading if the main layer photos are still visable, so I would click the eye deal next to this main layer (the one you copied the photos from) and turn it off, for now. Once you get the layers blended the way you want, I would put a white rectangle layer over the main layer's photos. I'd just delete them, however, you may need them in the future (like if you mess up one of the photos and you didn't save or something).

Good luck.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey, I had not seen this I have been trying all sorts of things! Thanks man.
    Well, I have all the layers separated just like you guided me. But like I said in the beginning, I did not understand how to do the fading and so I tried out all sorts of things and ended up disappointed. I even bought me a PS6 book. Kindly could you guide me. I do not mean to sound "like that" however when you dont know there's no shame in saying so and vuce versa when you pretend. Thanks a bunch!
  15. Contributing User

if you still need help, pm me or email me and I'll try my best. These gradients are frustrating at first.
    Im not a pro or anything but I took the liberty of playing around with your pic and this is what I came up with.
    Obviously not amazing but the middle looks pretty good lol
    Im sure if I played with it for longer I coulda gotten it better.

*copy and paste
    http://www.geocities.com/My_Secret_ldentity/nile2.jpg
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks I am giving it a shot definitely!
    Oh the page is not found! I copied, pasted/ typed and nothing worked. I dont know what is up with the Geocities? I've had same problems! I hope you fix it. I appreciate.
    Last edited by donnwar; November 18th, 2003 at 01:15 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo