1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Fast Loading Images

I have been trying to create images that load faster and have small sizes but I am afraid it is getting worse. First, what is the trick to reduce image sizes(KB) other than trying to cut their physical sizes down? Even my type images end up being unnecesarrily large and I am not sure why, can someone help.

2ndly, I tried slicing for faster loading and it seems to take about the same time. I also tried to lower the opacity which did not seem to change anything, again I request for some help.
    Thanks guys
    Johnny
  3. Contributing User

I always use the "save for web" option, which lets you adjust all kinds of things to scale the byte size down to make faster-loading, web-friendly images. You just have to make a compromise of byte size vrs image quality. I make a lot of thumbnail-sized images for my pages and can scale the quality down to as little as 30% and still have decent thumnails that load in a blink.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have started using thumnails with my pages but still when the user click on the thumbnail and they have to get a "lage" email, I kind of feel useless. I have tried to do the "save for the web" option but usually there's not much (or is there?) I adjust I normally just save with that. P'se give me some hints. Do you know how I can use the clone stamp in PS 6 to repair the image like remove scratches etc. I appreciate you time trying to help me. Thanks
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"Saving for the web" totally reduces the file size. If you're saving a photo for the web, you want to save it as a jpg, and if you're saving line art (for the web), you want to save it as a gif.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Is that the only trick there (jpg and gif? That answers another question I had b4, thanks. Today, I was trying with a photo i got from the web that I was trying to repair-scratches and quality but after reducing it's original size and tring with the stamp and saves it as jpg. it turned out with a larger image size than the original one before I even add type. Just wondering what I did wrong there! Should I try to slice it? I appreciate your help y'all, thanks!

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo