1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Creating a GTA-V-like artwork

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm completely new to this forum, so if I make any mistakes please let me know as soon as possible.

I've just started working with PS and I'm currently trying to create a GTA-V-like artwork, so, just like the loading screens if you know them; I'll include an example picture at the end of this post.
    I've finished the general shading of my image and I try to figure out what is the best way to create the more detailed, but still drawn, look of the GTA V artwork.
    Do you have any advice for how to start the next steps, f.e. what type of brush to use etc. ?
    Thanks a lot for any help! And please excuse any mistake I made writing this post, I'm from germany
  3. No Profile Picture

5. No Profile Picture

Welcome BlastingAgent here in this forum! That was really a nice work that you've done. Actually I'm not a professional on this territory, but I love this work.. As I know you may take some tutorials from Paint Realistic Skin Tones.They'll give you some useful paths to help you to build your next steps like Michael. Check this useful tutorial that I've found for you.

7. No Profile Picture

[QUOTE=bijutoha;2973240]Welcome BlastingAgent here in this forum! That was really a nice work that you've done. Actually I'm not a professional on this territory, but I love this work.. As I know you may take some tutorials from Paint Realistic Skin Tones.They'll give you some useful paths to help you to build your next steps like Michael. Check this useful tutorial that I've found for you.

Thanks a lot for your reply and your help so far bijutoha! I've just finished viewing the video you've sent me the link to, and there are so many tips about general skin painting and things to know about PS that I wasn't aware of.
    I'm still in school, 12th grade in germany, and while watching this video I've learned far more than in my whole two years in the higher grades. All we learn are things that seem obvious to me, like creating the illusion of depth by variing the size of objects or letting them overlap, nothing as interesting and game changing as the f.e. the Zorn Pallet and the efgects of composing colours differently.
    This down here is how far I've come with my work until now. I just began with the hair and it's causing me some trouble, but I think I'll get some good tips for that out of the video too. Also, I'm not glad about the shading of the right hand, but that kind of shading is what the video is mostly about, so I don't see a problem there anymore.
    Thanks again for you help!

P.S.: I've posted the picture privately on facebook and copied the link from there, hope that worked!
  9. No Profile Picture

Wink

I said I'm not a professional, but I love such kind of work. This is what I've done for ya! and I believe that, when I'll spent more minutes or patience there on this work, It'll be more powerful than it.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo