1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do I access email-id?

Hello guys - my first post!

I'm making a website in which I need to ensure that the user is logged on to that website. So if the user is not logged on I need to direct him to the login page.

And after he is logged in I want to access his email-id. How do I do this?
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

How are you logging them in? Wherever you do that, store the email-id and whatever else you need in the session along with the authentication information.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Actually the main website is of college(I don't know who actually controls it). I am just making a portal on it. And for the portal I need to know who acually has logged in
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

This is a question you really need to ask the IT department of your college, there's no way for any of us to know the answer to this.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Okay basically I need to check if a guy is logged in to a specific website or not. Lets say that website is facebook. How do I check if a person is logged on to website or not.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

There is no way to check whether someone is logged into an arbitrary website.

However, Facebook provides a custom API that allows you to do it.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  13. Sarcky

Right, facebook is a special case because they provide a very elaborate work-around that can tell if you're logged in. There's also some small ways to tell if you're logged in to gmail and other things, but those are mostly security hacks and only tell if you're logged in or not, not what your actual address is.

You can't access the login information of a third party site without explicit permission and a specific method set up by that site to allow you to do that.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo