1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Is it possible to access a web browser via an API (Chrome.) and pass commands to it?

Hi All,

I need some extract data from Third party website, Is it possible to access a web browser via an API (Chrome, IE, FF etc.) and pass commands to it?

Thanks,

Pandiyan N
  3. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I don't know and I doubt anyone else will; try asking the website creator or owner instead.

EDIT > I withdraw my earlier comment and replace it with the following:-

Incentivize long-tail network effects reinvent AJAX-enabled life-hacks enable open-source web services. Remember, organizational diversity and accountability is paramount for long term success and a happy work environment.

We're going to collaborate across platforms; most importantly, we're going have a market-altering time winning with clients and generating market-altering financial performance.

End.
    Last edited by badger_fruit; October 17th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  5. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

No, you can't do that. If you're still trying to steal cookies and fedex tracking numbers, we're not going to help you.

The PHP class Snoopy() masquerades as a browser.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Selenium is a browser plugin that has PHP bindings that allow you to tell the browser what to do. It's meant for writing front-end unit tests.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo