1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need advice on hiring a developer or company

Hi I haven't participated much around here I know but I thought I'd seek help anyway.

We have a site that is in dire need of redesign nearly from the ground up. It is more or less an e-commerce site but one I feel needs to be a custom job and not use an off the shelf ecommerce or even CMS package. It basically is an event tickets site which sells concert, sports and theater tickets. There is also another project slightly related that is more of a traditional website though it will need to be database driven. Both projects will require LAMP + more...

Before we proceed to fix things we'd like to consult with someone about what to do and how to do it. Are there any recommendations of any individuals or companies that can help us and do it right?

I imagine I will get a ton of spam form people offering their services. That's nice but I am hoping I can get some feedback from as many people as possibly about getting help. Last thing any one wants to do is get bad advice or direction and then spend thousands to implement it.

I have done most of the work previously but would like someone else to step in and do the work and do it better than I can.

Any help is appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Depending on the scale of the project, you may try a freelancer on something like oDesk.
  5. No Profile Picture

I'm bumping this again. I tried some freelance sites with no success. I kept getting international responses despite specifying I needed USA. The few USAs I got seemed like they just subcontracted offshore.

Any advice to find someone here on the forum or a good way to find a company elsewhere?

I basically have two web redevelopment projects that will require a great UI design, LAMP and more. One is nothing hugely challenging, the other is a bit challenging.

Any help is appreciated.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo