1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Reference URL: http://www.georgiaoffroad.com/mss/new/pms.php3

What I'd like to do is keep the HTML source code like it is, and add PHP statements where the 'data' cells are. I.E., there would be a variable inserted for each 'data' cell which would display information pulled from the database.

The only known way I can do this is to set up a loop where a TR & TD would be ECHO'ed to the browser until there is no more data to show. That would kill the formatting, and I don't think I would have columns for each ACME Version (one version on top of another, as the loop would go). Doing this way I would have a very long html page that would be difficult to find information quickly and efficiently.

Is there a way in which I could make a query to each table (where something == ACME version 7.43) and have the array of data stored in variables? The variables could then be echo'ed to the 'data' cells
    like: <TD> <?php echo $versionid ?> </TD> precicely where I want them.

Here's my delimma. Some HTML pages will have software makers with more than one Version of their product. Meaning that there will be more than one column of information (though it is the same info all the way across). The page I referenced, www.georgiaoffroad.com/mss/new/pms.php3

... is set up with 5 versions of software. Most pages will have two or
    three.

Will I be able to work this out with individual <?php echo $data ?> tags throughout? The more I think on it the more it sounds like this is going to be impossible when I have more than one 'version' per page.

- Mike
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

It might help to see the actual php code behind your pms.php3 script, also post the Database table layout, like what fields you have. I think it should be able to be done, probably just will get extremely complicated in areas.

Chris