1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Barcode Reader Device attachment

Hello to everyone

I want to attach bar-code reader attach with my php code which helps me to access book or produts rapidally with PHP and MySQL

awaiting for valuable reply
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

Originally Posted by akshayhomkar
    awaiting for valuable reply
    Reply to what? You didn't ask any question or stated any concrete problem.

I guess you want to hire a programmer. This is no "code for free" forum.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

i guess this poses a good question, i bet the answer is something along the lines of:

you need some software that will decrypt what the barcoder reads and then you need to connect that with your php? however having said that (and if it is true), php is server side so wont automatically read this data unless you send it to php via JS..
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Barcode readers don't encrypt anything. You scan a barcode and the code (the numbers above/below the code on the sticker) comes through as keyboard input. You don't need to do anything special to handle barcode reader input, it just happens in plaintext.

Sometimes there's a carriage return/line feed/newline at the end of what the barcode reader delivers, you may need to use javascript to handle that so the form isn't prematurely submitted.

PHP isn't involved at all. Input peripherals are dealt with at the client side.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

by decrypt i meant something akin to reading a PDF through a special library as you cant read PDF otherwise..

Its good to know that it is plain text, that makes it very easy..
  11. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Barcodes, magnetic stripes (on credit cards and whatever), and QR codes are all plaintext. Sometimes they can be confusing, but barcodes especially just return the numbers. Those numbers along the bottom of the barcode are the same data which is encoded in the barcode itself. Scan the code, get those numbers.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo