Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by badger_fruit
    Wait a second, you only have 1 product with product ID 5 so then your SQL needs to be totally different ... if you're wanting to show all available sizes for a certain product then try this instead ...

SELECT *
    FROM `poochieSizes` AS `sizes`
    RIGHT JOIN `poochieStock` AS `stock` ON `stock`.`SizeID` = `sizes`.`SizeID`
    WHERE `stock`.`stockID` = 5;

I mean, that's just a stab in the dark but if you're selecting FROM Products and you only have 1 that will match your WHERE then you're only going to get 1 result.

I think .... although I'm pretty sure that's right

:S

Try it, your code doesn't work now so it's not going to make it any worse lol !

EDIT > If that SQL above works then you can RIGHT JOIN the products table to it if need be
    yes true, thanks for the input. will do your suggestion and get back to you,
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jonnyfreak
    yes true, thanks for the input. will do your suggestion and get back to you,
    just had a thought. in the DB the id 5 dies only currently have one size but more will be added, should i still change to your suggestion?
  5. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by jonnyfreak
    just had a thought. in the DB the id 5 dies only currently have one size but more will be added, should i still change to your suggestion?
    Yes, try other product IDs as well though, for example something with more than 1 result
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Yes, try other product IDs as well though, for example something with more than 1 result
    ok will do and let you know.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

looking at this all stock ID's will be different wont they as these are the auto_increment?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

sorted it and started from scratch

just joined all the table in one query and echoed out what i needed too.....i was over complicating things

$query_rsProdList = sprintf("SELECT * FROM poochieProd, poochieCat, poochieSizes, poochieStock WHERE poochieProd.CatID = poochieCat.CatID AND poochieProd.ProdID = poochieStock.ProdID AND poochieSizes.SizeID = poochieStock.sizeID AND poochieProd.ProdID = %s ", GetSQLValueString($var1_rsProdList, "int"));

<select name="os0" class="text" id="selectSize">
    <option value="Select Size">Select Size</option>
    <?php do { ?>
    <option value="<?php echo $row_rsProdList['SizeID']; ?>"><?php echo $row_rsProdList['Size']; ?></option>
    <?php } while ($row_rsProdList = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsProdList)); ?></select>

the thing i need to add though is if the stock = 0 dont display size or show a "sold out" next to the size

thanks for everybodys help
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo