1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

E-Card with Voice Over problem...

Hello, I am a final year student at university studying computer science. As part of my final year project I have opted to create a website with some complexity. The main function of the website is to send an e-card with voice over to an email service or client, and this is where I am stuck. I have searched the net for solutions but cannot find any. In a nutshell I need to record someone’s voice with perhaps a flash recording widget embedded into the site, and then combine this with a jpeg image and then send it to an email service. Just to let you know I am inexperienced with PHP and need a solution. If you could help me out with this problem I would be grateful. I am trying to figure out how the server will process this, and even if JavaScript could do this instead.

Thanks
    DaFilosafa
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There's not much related to PHP there; to record Audio you need to use Flash or Java. To play Audio you can use Flash, Java or HTML. I'm pretty sure you cannot play audio from an email though.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo