1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow Where can I get classes to learn something like this?

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can learn further into PHP and link me toward a class for something like this, or simular.

Link: plugpayplay.com/gameservers.php

If anyone knows of a good coding site for PHP like this, I'd be greatly appreciated. I'd like to advance my coding a little further, I'm very new to PHP and have been learning from CodeAcademy.

- Thanks, Ridius.
  3. Contributing User

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but if you just want to improve your PHP, try treehouse.com and learnable.com
  5. Web Developer/Musician
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

There are some video tutorials on http://thenewboston.org/
    Last edited by Hammer65; October 24th, 2013 at 10:47 AM.
  7. No Profile Picture

Looking into these now, still looking if anyone has a direct link to what I was looking for.
  9. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Looking for what? If you're looking for a tutorial "How to create a website for a gameserver hoster", I doubt you'll find one.

Programming doesn't work like that. There isn't a tutorial or course for every single task you'll ever encounter. The point is that you know the basics of programming. Once you have that, you can do all kinds of things. Of course you may need additional knowledge depending on how complex the task is.

Learn PHP. Learn the basics of security and how to write good code (this is usually very different from what standard tutorials teach you). Then consider learning one of the many PHP frameworks (yii, Symfony, whatever).
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

They were likely using a pre-made software package, like the cPanel game server package. I'm not in that market, and it's the only one I've seen, but it's being discontinued.

http://cpgs.cpanel.net/
    Thomas Tremain

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo