1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Cloud Point of Sale Help(Credit Card and Printer)

Hello. I am nearing the end of a several year project and have two things left to do that i can not think of a solution using php.

First i am looking to process credit cards inside the point of sale window which is all coded using PHP, HTML, and JavaScript however i am looking for a swipe solution rather than manually entering information like most web apis.

Second i am looking at printing using point of sale printers.

also the majority of the devices running the point of sale system will be android based units with a linux machine running a LAMP server(which i can utilize wine if i need to run windows applications.)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If the printers are connected to the server then that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What sort of hardware do you have for scanning the cards?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Iv looked at a few options. but probably go with a 3 track reader with Wedge input. All the printers will be either directly connected to the server or networked with internet print services.

The issue with the credit card isnt reading the card it is finding an api to handle the transaction with data off of the magnetic track rather than using an address and CCV code to authorize the transaction.

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    If the printers are connected to the server then that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

What sort of hardware do you have for scanning the cards?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo