1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What CMS for this website?

Hello,

I want to start a website with list of dance clubs, galleries etc..

Something like:
    live4p com
    szene1 sk

etc..

What CMS do you recommend for that?
    Maybe, the best opinion will be own CMS but I don't have any..
    Thank you
  3. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Samko31
    Hello,

I want to start a website with list of dance clubs, galleries etc..

Something like:
    live4p com
    szene1 sk

etc..

What CMS do you recommend for that?
    Maybe, the best opinion will be own CMS but I don't have any..
    Thank you
    Depends on what you want to achive, for example Joomla is great for CMS beginners but Drupal has more community related plugins / ability out of the box (from what I understand).

There are loads out there though so it's hard for anyone to say which you should be using; I think though it's fair to say that whichever you decide to work with you're going to need to find the right templates and make custom modifications to them. Once you've chosen your CMS then they all have their own community forums which should help you perform the customisations etc.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I want to store photos from parties, info about clubs etc.. every dance club will have gallery, info (address, city) ...
  7. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Samko31
    I want to store photos from parties, info about clubs etc.. every dance club will have gallery, info (address, city) ...
    As I said before ...

Originally Posted by badger_fruit
    There are loads out there though so it's hard for anyone to say which you should be using; I think though it's fair to say that whichever you decide to work with you're going to need to find the right templates and make custom modifications to them. Once you've chosen your CMS then they all have their own community forums which should help you perform the customisations etc.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo