1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

i am creating an address book and it has been successful but my problem is that i dont know how to give access to other users in the same community to view others address book...any help?

anyone know how to do this or is they any similar coding out there?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Robert_J_Sherman
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    eh.. why would you want to "share" an address book?

I mean, if I were a user, I certainly wouldn't want just anyone to be able to view my address book??

That, to me would be an issue, especially if we're talking about an email address book.

This would allow joe blow the spam king, or malicious guru to make use of my personal contacts or business contacts, and do whatever..

I guess I'm saying that "unless" I wanted to "share" my contacts, I wouldn't want "anyone" to be able to gain access to them.

Perhaps a feature to implement would be a user option, to "share" their addresses.

In which case, if this were a database driven element, a simple "share" flag might do the trick...

say like, if share=Y then present all my addresses and then list all those marked as "shared".. or a double option, to allow user X to share his contacts, and a second option to allow user X to "view" shared contacts..

That way the user can see shared address if he/she chooses, but doesn't have to see them.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo