1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

compiled php to support sockets

Does anyone out there know a source for a working version of php which will support sockets?
    The advice I have is that if socket_open (etc) doesn't work, I need to recompile my php with --enable-sockets flag, but I have failed dismally to do any such thing. I downloaded the source for php 4.3.4, and built an exe, but there are too many things going wrong... (including breaking the project I had previously working with php 4.0)
  3. No Profile Picture

I meant 4.3.0 was the working version.
  5. Contributing User

Arrow

Originally Posted by NCAnnie
    Does anyone out there know a source for a working version of php which will support sockets?
    The advice I have is that if socket_open (etc) doesn't work, I need to recompile my php with --enable-sockets flag, but I have failed dismally to do any such thing. I downloaded the source for php 4.3.4, and built an exe, but there are too many things going wrong... (including breaking the project I had previously working with php 4.0)
    Inside the php.ini file, there should be a line that says
    Code:
    ;extension=php_sockets.dll
    Remove the semi-colon from the begginning of the line, and restart your webserver. Sockets will then be supported.
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks for your reply, ChibiGuy. I had neglected to restart my web server after uncommenting the sockets dll line. I have also downloaded php 4.2.3 now anyway, and it all works nicely.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo