1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Computer program newb

Hi I am very new to programming but I need help making a program I have faster and better any help would be appreciated.
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

try turning it off and on again.

Comments on this post

• ptr2void agrees : Thanks, Roy!
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. Why so angry?
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

If that doesn't help, try swapping lines 5 and 6.
    Verify and sanitize ALL USER DATA.

And, to steal a quote from jeremy, "Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution." Chances are someone on the forums will know a better or more efficient way to do what you're trying to accomplish.

Avatar: Stolen by me, shown to me by patrick.

7. No Profile Picture

Excuse me I'm already confused
  9. --

What we're trying to tell you is that we cannot help you unless you provide us with information. I'm talking about code, benchmarks and infos about your system.

What are we supposed to do when all we know is that you have some application you somehow find slow?

If you're looking for a developer to do this for you, I guess you wanna hire a programmer.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  11. No Profile Picture

Understood but I want to learn to do it myself. I could email you the program and we can start from there?
  13. Why so angry?
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by Jrcastee
    Understood but I want to learn to do it myself. I could email you the program and we can start from there?
    We can start from here. That's the purpose of the forum.

We're willing to help, but we need to know what you need help with.

This is sort of the same as asking a mechanic to fix your car without bringing it to the shop.

There are very vague, generic principles to good coding, but that's about all we can suggest without any code.
    Verify and sanitize ALL USER DATA.

And, to steal a quote from jeremy, "Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution." Chances are someone on the forums will know a better or more efficient way to do what you're trying to accomplish.

Avatar: Stolen by me, shown to me by patrick.

15. No Profile Picture

Should I post it here? On this forum?
  17. --

Yes, on this forum. Like angrypanda already said: That's what a forum is for. You state a problem, people make suggestions, you get into a conversation with them etc.

However, do not upload your whole application (if that's what you wanted to do). Nobody will go through thousands of lines of code and optimize them just for the fun of it. Pick a concrete problem and then post the relevant code (and other necessary info).

19. No Profile Picture

var size_i_want = "11";
    var how_many = 1;

function addToCart() {
    var sizesList=document.getElementsByName("skuAndSize")[0];
    function setQuantity() {
    document.getElementsByName("qty")[0].selectedIndex = how_many-1;
    }
    function setSizeValue() {
    for (var i=0; i<sizesList.length; i++){
    if(sizesList.options[i].text == size_i_want) {
    document.getElementsByName("skuAndSize")[0].selectedIndex = i;
    setQuantity();
    }
    }
    }
    if(sizesList != undefined) {
    setSizeValue();
    document.getElementsByClassName("button-container add-to-cart")[0].click();
    } else {
    setTimeout("addToCart()", 250);
    }
    }
    setTimeout("addToCart()", 250);

i have a few problems but the first is it is too slow.
  21. Mad Scientist

that's javascript

This is a PHP forum

Two different languages - and guess what? There's a javascript forum here on devshed - go use it!
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo