1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Smile Want to connect to server from my pc

i have developed a project in php5 and my client need some extra features. we have a server hosted in some xyz... and my client dont want to connect to the main server rather he asked to place a local server and what he needs was a table to be updated everyday when he clicks a button from the main server to his local server(xamp), he asked me to replicate.. is there any possibility to copy the values from mainserver database table to local machine database table which is his pc.
  3. Known to taste like chicken
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

if i understand you correctly, you want him to be able to click a button and copy the database to his PC? there are a number of ways you can achieve this..

1) you could create an API on the server that the app on his PC can connect to and get a copy of the DB (can be raw, compressed, csv... make it output however you want).

2) you could configure the db instance to act as a slave on his PC, and get it to sync

the exact way you do it will depend on how much data needs to be pulled and the exact technologies in play.
    "Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door" - Homer J Simpson / Edgar Allan Poe

Looking for a project Idea?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo