1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Arrow How do I create a custom banner display script?

Hi guys,

I hardly know (or even understand) PHP, so that's why I am posting this in the general-section. Hopefully someone is friendly enough to help me out.

How do I do the following. I want to show a banner on my website, however not in a static position. And it should only be displayed once.

For example; I have 3 available positions on my website, where I want to display a banner. I have 2 available positions in the main page (top and bottom) and 1 available position on the right side of my website.

Now I need something which does the following; if the banner is shown on position 1 (top of the page) it shouldn't be displayed in position 2 or 3. On the other hand, if the banner is being displayed at position 3 (right side), it shouldn't be displayed anymore in position 1 or 2.

Oh and more thing; position 1 and 2 have the same banner (in dimensions), however position 3 has a smaller banner (in dimensions). So the banner which is displayed at position 3 is different compared to positions 1 and 2.

Can someone please help me out with this? I think it's not difficult for someone who actually knows PHP (unlike me).

I already tried searching on Google, however I couldn't find anything on it (or I am searching in an incorrect way).

Thank you in advance for your help!! Highly appreciated!!

//update

Forgot to mention this; it should be possible to expand this to several more banner-sections and banner formats.
    Last edited by HHawk; November 5th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

If you are asking someone to write the code for you then you need to post this in the Hire a Programmer forum. Otherwise you should read through a PHP tutorial or 2, try some things on your own and then post where you are having trouble here.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by gw1500se
    If you are asking someone to write the code for you then you need to post this in the Hire a Programmer forum. Otherwise you should read through a PHP tutorial or 2, try some things on your own and then post where you are having trouble here.
    1. I don't want to hire anything.
    2. The tutorial doesn't state what I want to achieve.
    3. If you are not going to help me, please do not try to increase your postcount in my thread. TY.

//update

Nevermind, I actually found someone who DOES wants to help me without making a profit! Sheesh.

Comments on this post

• gw1500se disagrees : You don't understand what this forum is for. It is a help forum not a free programming forum.
    Last edited by HHawk; November 5th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo