1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Create custom page template

I have been creating pages for a Travel Agency website that list details of the tours offered. The details pages are all the same format. I want to create a template for the client so they can create new pages themselves, and only have to fill in the information. This would insure that their formatting was the same as the pages I created. Does anyone know how to create a template for this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

PHP is an HTML templating language. Make a page that takes all the details from the database, then give them a form with which they would alter the data in the database.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

Yes, creating a database-type form is what I was thinking as well, but I wasn't sure about the execution of it. I want my clients to be able to create a new page in wordpress, and pull the template up in the "page template" section. How do I create a page template that could be filled out like a form, but not look like a form when it is published? I am not allowed to post a URL here, but I want to be able to show you an example of a page I'm referring to. The website is temporarily living on "dotcom2012 dott kom" and if you click on "taste of china" on the right hand side it will take you to a typical page that I want to create a form for. Thank you.
  7. Sarcky

If you need wordpress-specific help, you should be posting on a wordpress board. Making an HTML form which posts to a database and formats the look and feel of a resulting page is what PHP is for. The answer to your question is going to be "you use PHP for that" until you actually start trying something.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture

I thought I was on the wordpress board. I don't know how it ended up on the php board. That's weird. Sorry about that. And thanks for you recommendation.

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    If you need wordpress-specific help, you should be posting on a wordpress board. Making an HTML form which posts to a database and formats the look and feel of a resulting page is what PHP is for. The answer to your question is going to be "you use PHP for that" until you actually start trying something.
  11. Sarcky

DevShed doesn't have a wordpress-specific board. Wordpress has an official community I believe.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo