Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I am not asking for answers to any of these topics, but would happily accept any thoughts for how to structure this future topic.

Peter Brawley has an excellent article on audit trails on his website http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/Transaction%20time%20validity%20in%20MySQL.pdf

Comments on this post

• NotionCommotion agrees : Good article
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by BarryG
    Peter Brawley has an excellent article on audit trails on his website http://www.artfulsoftware.com/infotree/Transaction%20time%20validity%20in%20MySQL.pdf
    Thanks Barry, Was an interesting article. I noticed, however, that it didn't describe E-Oreo's option 3 for saving data where a audit record is created per column.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by NotionCommotion
    Thanks Barry, Was an interesting article. I noticed, however, that it didn't describe E-Oreo's option 3 for saving data where a audit record is created per column.
    PB's paper is really an outline of the way an audit trail CAN be done.
    Anything you build would need to meet your needs. Perhaps you need to use E-Oreo's method, blended with something you take from PB's paper, or maybe something totally different.
    The tools I've built for my use have very lightweight audit capability, because that's all I need. Horses for courses you might say.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I ended up using triggers, and created another post in the SQL forum describing how I did it.
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo