1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Creating XML-RPC server. Why?

This might sound really stupid but I've got to ask you this. I read this in a Devshed article:
    In the XML-RPC world, you need a client and a server. The client is simply the application making the request, and the server is simply the service that processes the request and returns a response.
    My questions is WHY? There is already apache server on local host (or web server online) that runs php. What is the point of creating another one? The clients can make the request without XML-RPC. What is it that is not achievable without XML-RPC? What am I missing here? Thank you.
  3. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You don't need a separate server. It's just saying that there is a server and a client. Exact same thing as for the Web.
  5. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

if you're looking for some means of communicating and invoking actions between two apps (eg client and server) then consider representational state transfer (ReST).

I found I was doing something similar before the coining of the name and the resulting fanfare around it, but the principles consolidate the thinking for you. ReST also gives to the freedom to be pragmatic in your approach to the implementation. You could choose to be a "restafarian" or you could take a common-sense approach
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  7. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

My favourite book on rest api design: http://pages.apigee.com/rs/apigee/im...ok-2012-03.pdf
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  9. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by Northie
    My favourite book on rest api design: http://pages.apigee.com/rs/apigee/im...ok-2012-03.pdf
    Thanks for the book. I downloaded it. I am gonna check it as soon as I finish this. It looks like most things I need to do can be easily done (with curl).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo