1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Nobbies beach, Gold Coast. It's beautiful.

Need a design / functionality idea

Hi;

Please select Paypal as payment option. How can I validate input with php (name, email,...) before allowing them to go to Paypal?

What would be the best solution?

Thank you.
    Last edited by zxcvbnm; July 3rd, 2013 at 01:41 AM.
  3. Come play with me!
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

You really need to be developing in a test environment and not on a live site. I just clicked the Search button (with zero minimum nights, that's the repro) and got a nice error screen with a giant SQL query.

I can't see where I'm supposed to pay, so I'll say that either
    1. You need the name and email and whatever yourself in which case it's not really a PayPal thing but an issue of using your site. That means you need a multi-step checkout process, with one page grabbing and validating this information and the final page sending them to PayPal.
    2. PayPal needs this information in which case you don't prompt for it yourself.
  5. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Nobbies beach, Gold Coast. It's beautiful.
    Originally Posted by requinix
    That means you need a multi-step checkout process, with one page grabbing and validating this information and the final page sending them to PayPal.
    2. PayPal needs this information in which case you don't prompt for it yourself.
    Thank you.
  7. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

you collect the non PCI stuff in a normal contact form on your site and store it.

The next page makes uses that data to create a form full of hidden inputs which posts to paypal. This form can either be submitted with a button (eg pay now) or by javascript.

The new way would be to use ajax to capture the details before sending the user off to paypal
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo