Thread: email problems.

1. No Profile Picture
    Slightly Disturbed
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

email problems.

I am trying to send a email with an attachment to an account with faxsav. the problem I am having is that when the email is sent the attachment isnt read and comes thru as object printed on the page.

we have tried this with mail() and receive invalid user but the attachments are attached.

do this using system() and the mail is received but the attachment comes thru as the word object printed in the body of the email.

original line that sent the email with attachment but failed as valid user.:
    $result = $mail->send($clientfax);

new line that sends the email with valid user but the attachment comes thru as object printed in the body of the email:
    system("echo \"Subject: email to fax\r\n$mail\"|sendmail -t -fme@myaddy.com client@theiraddy.com");

does anyone have any suggestions to fix this?
  3. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

why have you posted this twice?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Slightly Disturbed

simpley because this is a major problem, I honestly believed that this post was previously removed and I am yet to find a way to send attachments using the command line.

I do have a mimemail class.
    this works fine to send to any normal email address...

please if someone could help me with sending an attachment via the command line it would be greatly appreiciated.
  7. Second highest poster :p
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you want to do it via the command line you still need to form a valid mime message.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Slightly Disturbed

ok, so how do I go about it? I have my mail class that does it after send has been hit. I've tried extracting the variable from that but doesnt seem to work.

can u point me towards a site that would detail such as how to send attachments via the command line...what flags to use etc...

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo