Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I asked them and the reason why they dont do this already is that because sometimes the user doesnt always reply to the email. We are one of those companies that do competitions etc and we gather users data.
  3. Mad Scientist
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

step 1 - use [PHPNET="filter_var"]filter_var()[/PHPNET] to test the format of the address

if valid format:

step 2 - get the host part of the address and do a rDNS check on it with [PHPNET="gethostbyname"]gethostbyname()[/PHPNET]

if valid rDNS then attempt RCPT TO

however, i wouldn't discount directly any failures at this point, but maybe just lower the priority of the record if intending to send to the address in question
    I said I didn't like ORM!!! <?php $this->model->update($this->request->resources[0])->set($this->request->getData())->getData('count'); ?>

PDO vs mysql_* functions: Find a Migration Guide Here

[ Xeneco - T'interweb Development ] - [ Are you a Help Vampire? ] - [ Read The manual! ] - [ W3 methods - GET, POST, etc ] - [ Web Design Hell ]
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

bringing this topic back up:

briteverify.com seem to be able to check whether email is real or not. For example I did:

myemail1987@hotmail.co.uk and it said correct, i then did myemail1987999@hotmail.co.uk and it said incorrect?
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo