1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Error 404 on localhost but not on live site

When I test my site on localhost index.php comes up fine and links to other pages work fine. When I try to link back I get error 404. location bar says localhost/submit.php when it should say localhost/drunken/submit.php I am using the latest version of wampserver. I don't think I had this problem before I upgraded. Everything is fine on my live site but not on localhost. if I change code to drunken/submit.php it works but I'm not changing all my links to hard code when I am just having the problem on localhost.
    make sense to anyone? Tried Google but can't find the right answer.
  3. Come play with me!
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Whatever you clicked went to "/submit.php". Note the leading slash. Remove it.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Tried that, didn't work. Sort of

Originally Posted by requinix
    Whatever you clicked went to "/submit.php". Note the leading slash. Remove it.
    That was the first thing I tried last night and it didn't work. But weird thing is I tried it again with no success. For the hell of it I tried again and everything is fine. So I am baffled. I'm just scared to try it on the live site because I have "/submit.php" there and it works fine. I can just try it I guess. Thanks for making me try it again, because it worked.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo