1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Fetch data from database

please what is problem with this code it is supposed to fetch an email address from a table called client but it returns nothing

Note:I've setup the connection file correctly

the script can communicate with the mysql database because I've been able to add new user details

PHP Code:
     $colname_rsClient = "1";
    if (isset($_GET['email'])) {
      $colname_rsClient = (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) ? $_GET['email'] : addslashes($_GET['email']);
    }
    mysql_select_db($database_connHotel, $connHotel);
    $query_rsClient = sprintf("SELECT * FROM clients WHERE email = '%s'", $colname_rsClient);

$rsClient = mysql_query($query_rsClient, $connHotel) or die(mysql_error());

$row_rsClient = mysql_fetch_assoc($rsClient);

$totalRows_rsClient = mysql_num_rows($rsClient);
    ?>

<?php if ($totalRows_rsClient == 0) { // Show if recordset empty ?>

<h1 align="center">Unable to Locate Email Address</h1>
  3. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

I don't know where you got this code from, but the mysql_* functions are obsolete since almost 10 years, they're officially deprecated, and they will be removed sooner or later.

How to (properly) access a MySQL database

You're using other ancient techniques like those terrible "magic quotes" or the old align HTML attribute. If you have any chance of updating your code, then do that. It's stuck somewhere in the 90s.
    The 6 worst sins of security ē How to (properly) access a MySQL database with PHP

Why canít I use certain words like "drop" as part of my Security Question answers?
    There are certain words used by hackers to try to gain access to systems and manipulate data; therefore, the following words are restricted: "select," "delete," "update," "insert," "drop" and "null".
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jacques1
    Hi,

I don't know where you got this code from, but the mysql_* functions are obsolete since almost 10 years, they're officially deprecated, and they will be removed sooner or later.

You're using other ancient techniques like those terrible "magic quotes" or the old align HTML attribute. If you have any chance of updating your code, then do that. It's stuck somewhere in the 90s.
    thanks a lot

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo