Thread: File download

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi,
    Given that I can no longer search through the old archives, I'm going to have to ask what may be a problem thats already been solved.

Does anyone know if there is any code in existence that will allow me to download multiple files from a secure server onto a PC. (I want the files to be placed in a folder on the PC, not displayed in the browser.)

What I have in mind is a form that allows the user to overwrite a default local folder, and to enter the password for the secure server. Then when they submit the files are downloaded to the chosen folder.

Thanks
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by woodgnome:

Does anyone know if there is any code in existence that will allow me to download multiple files from a secure server onto a PC. (I want the files to be placed in a folder on the PC, not displayed in the browser.)

What I have in mind is a form that allows the user to overwrite a default local folder, and to enter the password for the secure server. Then when they submit the files are downloaded to the chosen folder.
    [/quote]

I am trying to do the same thing - I can get PHP to initiate *one* download, but not multiple ones. If you find any info, please let me know !

Thanks

[This message has been edited by peterg (edited November 01, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by peterg (edited November 01, 2000).]