1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Filling database values to existing FDF in PHP

I have an existing FDF (Forms Data Format) file. The website I am building requires existing FDFs to be read and filled by the database values and creating a new pdf from that FDF. I will use PHP/MySQL for my website. I have googled it multiple times but I was not able to find any specific solution of how to do it.

I downloaded Adobe FDF toolkit but it seems to be run on .net and java platforms. I have downloaded the pdftk library file also but couldn't compile the library files to my local apache server.

The main requirement is to fill up the existing FDF files and create a new pdf file with all the data filled up. I saw the fdf methods that PHP provides but I need the fdf extension to be installed in my apache server.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

It it not clear what you are asking. The FPDF project maintains a free PHP class for creating PDF. Have you looked at using that? Since it is a pure PHP solution, there is no install needed, you just 'include' it in your code. There is also a PHP PDF library although it may not be installed on your server.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo