1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need a form to submit quotes in database

Definitely new to mysql and innodb. So please bare with me. This is probably a really simple question. Im just not looking in the right place. I need a form that will allow me to submit quotes. Basically a form that you can fill in and it looks like a database spreadsheet. There are 3 columns, "Author", "Quote", "Topic". And you can submit up to 25 quotes at a time. You can "go back to view quotes" and there is a submit button at the bottom. I have over 10,000 quotes I want to put into this kind of form so that I can upload them to mysql. Does anyone know where I could find this? I am using innodb. Is there a way to access this feature in mysql? Any help would be SO greatly appreciated!!
  3. SQL Consultant
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by webgeek2.0
    So please bare with me.
    please note --

bear with me = have patience

bare with me = let's get undressed together

what language are you going to use to process the form?

on the likelihood that it's gonna be php, i have moved your thread to the php forum

Comments on this post

• gw1500se agrees : bear with me = large dangerous mammal is with me :)
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
  5. No Profile Picture

Talking

Originally Posted by r937
    please note --

bear with me = have patience

bare with me = let's get undressed together

what language are you going to use to process the form?

on the likelihood that it's gonna be php, i have moved your thread to the php forum
    Lol Thank you for the correction! That's funny because I happen to be very critical about spelling.
  7. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by webgeek2.0
    Lol Thank you for the correction! That's funny because I happen to be very critical about spelling.
    And that's funny, because we're very critical of people who don't show the least amount of effort, expecting to just be given cut & paste code.
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by ptr2void
    And that's funny, because we're very critical of people who don't show the least amount of effort, expecting to just be given cut & paste code.
    As I stated when I originally started this discussion, "Definitely new to mysql and innodb." Just looking for guidance. If you don't have a useful response, why bother with a reply? Just putting that out there.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you actually trying to build an application that lets other people submit quotes, or do you just need to do it yourself?

If you're just trying to do it yourself, you could install a program like PhpMyAdmin.

You could also do a direct import into MySQL of a CSV file.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  13. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Are you actually trying to build an application that lets other people submit quotes, or do you just need to do it yourself?

If you're just trying to do it yourself, you could install a program like PhpMyAdmin.

You could also do a direct import into MySQL of a CSV file.
    Thank you for your response. I do want to submit quotes myself. I just had no idea where to start. I have phpmyadmin installed. I will try your suggestion and let you know how it works out. Thank you.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo