1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm using the fsockopen() function to download content from a 3rd party Knowldge Base web site then manipulating the downloaded info before displaying it to the browser. The user answers a series of questions on each successive page until being presented with a possible solution to their original question.

This works really great and I'm very pleased with. However, there is one problem. If the user clicks on the browser's Back button to re-display the previous page, the browser (IE5) displays the following message (even if done immediately):

"Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you. To resubmit your information and view this Web page, click the Refresh button."

The user has to click the Refresh button then OK on a further dialog box before the page re-displays OK.

My question (finally): is there a way to avoid this message from appearing and to force the browser to re-display the content of the previous page without having to resubmit it with the Refresh button?

Thank you for any help you can offer.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

your form probably uses POST as the method. try using GET as your form method.

------------------
    ~Chris
  5. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I think it's actually in the security setting of your browser, and each browser handles it differently. I've seen this sometimes, too, but only with MSIE.

---JH

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo