1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

php web development company

same problems me but few different. I'm experimenting on trying to use my laptop as a personal server. I downloaded apache2 mysql community server php5 and created a static ip address for the comp. Now what do I? I am a beginner so what do I do next? Thanks for the help.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Lightbulb

you should first download xamp server and then you need a editor for coding download editplus or anything you like.. then start coding.
    if you any other help!!!let me know

Originally Posted by danieljacob344
    same problems me but few different. I'm experimenting on trying to use my laptop as a personal server. I downloaded apache2 mysql community server php5 and created a static ip address for the comp. Now what do I? I am a beginner so what do I do next? Thanks for the help.
  5. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

danieljacob344, if you have Apache then you don't need to download xmap server as Deepprogrammer says ...

The first thing you're going to need to do is write content, as you have everything there you just need to google some PHP tutorials to get you started. You can test them "locally" by typing the webserver's "internal" IP address (may be 192.168.1. something or 10.0.0.whatever).

When you have content you wish to allow the public to see, you need to make your webserver visible to the public, generally that's done by port-forwarding (the instructions vary from router to router but portforward.com should have the step-by-step instructions you need).

Finally, you may want to buy a domain name, that's something like whatever.com or mydomain.co.uk. Prices start from about 1 for a year's .co.uk registration and you simply get a domain name and tell it that when someone visits it, it's to go to your public IP address (get that from www.ipchicken.com).

That should pretty much get you going.
    Apache, MySQL, PHP etc all have their own unique configuration files but for beginners, they're pretty much ready to go out of the box.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo